Tuesday, November 6, 2012

for the sick and for the tired

[grenasse 2.jpg]

city of desire

捨不得的世界 / HaoJan Chang

I iz hiding / Dan Hon

I am so tired. 
Those words were typed with as much emphasis as my fingers could possibly press for you.

I am so tired of shaving my legs.
I am tired of my hair. These tangles are exhausting me. The ringlets, tiring me.
I am so tired of clothes. It's so hard for me to want to get dressed these mornings. Want to put anything on at all.
I am sick of my body. Every limb.
Most nights I spend lying in the dark on my bed, watching the upside down moon through my window. Those nights I wish I could detach my limbs from me, one by one by one by one. Erasing, beginning at my toes, tickling up my legs, crawling over my thighs, numbing my waist and everything above... Because maybe it would release the tension at my joints.

Let me complain to you. Pleeease. Because all this time, I've been what you've wanted me to be. The Happy One.

I am exhausted with The Fakers. I am tired of the people who secretly hate me. The ones who are mad at me when I succeed. Why are you still around?? Why are you still here if you hate to be with me?? If it makes you sick to see me be loved? Even brats like me need to be loved.
Maybe I am the most exciting thing you've got? Maybe it's because I know a bit about love and I have big secrets? I won't be mad, have you're own adventures. I won't be green. I won't be jealous one bit. I will be extremely happy.

"What are 'friends' really? Just, just define friends for me, please." I asked. But he couldn't. "Exactly."

I am here to please you, my pretties. I am only here to be what I always have been. The Happy One.
But, tell me, how far does "just be your self" go? I really want you to tell me, because I don't know anymore. Because I am so confused sometimes.

I wonder sometimes how much I would hurt, how much I would lose, if I were to just "be my self" for the first time...

It's not that I like the silence, it's just that we've had so much time to say all that we could ever say.

tumblr on imgfave

I am so tired.

20 comments:

Cosmo Kramer said...

Beautiful. I feel the same way all the time

Unknown said...

I love this post!

"I won't be mad, have your own adventures."
True friends accept you no matter who you are and want to see you happy.

Dick Tidrow said...

Sometimes I feel like you know how I feel better than I do.




Stole the last line.

Unknown said...

I feel this way too. But you say it better than anyone could

Anonymous said...

"i've been what you wanted me to be"...i can really relate to you on this one. its exhausting.

Elder Kirk said...

I'm Exhausted too!!

I Ain't a Doll said...

I am so tired of shaving my legs.
I am tired of my hair. These tangles are exhausting me. The ringlets, tiring me.
I am so tired of clothes. It's so hard for me to want to get dressed these mornings. Want to put anything on at all.

My thoughts EVERY single morning. I'm so sick of getting dressed, I am not my clothes.

Unknown said...

Even brats like me need to be loved


yeah. this is way good.

esther.

Cedric Diggory said...

its insane how much i relate to this

Mr. Fox said...

"let me complain to you", no thank you.

Eleanor said...

I am so tired of shaving my legs.

Ha I love this line. Awesome post, your a great writer.

Thad Castle said...

Cool cat

William Lee Barefield III said...

Love your blog! Every post seems so genuine and honest.

Scarlet Sometimes said...

incredible. I love your writing and all the pictures you put to illustrate it.

Unknown said...

Welp. Nobody ever forced you to read my blog. So don't, if you don't want to hear what I want to say.

Unknown said...

I approve this message

Unknown said...

I approve this message

Nelson said...

Dear Phyllis,

Someone hacked into Mr. Fox's account and made that stupid comment. It wasn't really Mr. Fox.

Sorry.

Elder Kirk said...

This is SO good! :)

Unknown said...

Here you go, comment #20... And Amen to all of this.