Monday, December 3, 2012

I would be Sorry.

talking to the butterflies by ~dim-baida on deviantart

karl-heinz raach/ laif

nick cave and the bad seeds - handwritten dictionary of words, 1984

true words of wisdom by ~brotherinspirit on deviantart

On the subject of following your heart, I once said to someone, "It comes God, then Parents, then me." But now I can't remember which came first, parents or God.

I said, "I never really had an awkward phase." and he says, "Phyllis, you've never not been in an awkward phase. Actually, we shouldn't even name it a phase, it's just always been awkward."


She says, "You have no opinions. I've always liked that most about you."
That was the first memorable slap in the face.
I've always had opinions, I just never thought mine were important enough to share with you. To become vocal about. But don't worry, since then I have shared so many of them.

And I picture you lying in your bed at night, wondering, where did all the opinion-less friends go?

Because you've never been very okay with other people's opinions.
It's almost comical how judgmental you can be.
And prejudice too.
You're missing out on so much.
And it makes me sad, because you're so freakin blind.



I am sorry sometimes.

Sorry that I turned out the way I did.
I am sorry I am me and that I love it.

I am so sorry I am not afraid of you anymore.

I am sorry for you.


But, yes, at the end of everything, you made me Me.
So I guess my words shouldn't be "sorry" but they should read "thank you".

1 comment:

Cosmo Kramer said...

"I've always had opinions, I just never thought mine were important enough to share with you."

This line is so good. I feel like this all the time. Thanks so much for this post.