Sunday, September 9, 2012

To Write About Humans


The.Magician / Chris A

I know Humans. But not as many as my mom would like. I think it is completely and "inconceivably" impossible to truly know any brand of Human, so, we will not be explaining them for the alien visitors in great depth today, folks. Further research shall be done, but, in the meantime, just sit patiently and enjoy the elevator music.
You provide the elevator.

Boy, do I know Humans? I think I might know Boys. But, I can never be sure. I know some boys. I know my brothers and I know The Boy- I assume I will refer to him quite often; we're not in love. He's just been my best friend since 14, but we'll be in love someday when it matters. I don't know my dad. I don't think I will ever know Dad.

I love boys. They're like a big flock of Peter Pans or something. "I will never, no, never grow up". Maybe this makes High School, Never Land. I don't even know.

Human's are nothing but colors and numbers.
Being human is that my little brother thinks the number 11 is a tan-sandy color. All gritty like that, textures and all. We all agree that The Boy is a 4 or a 2. But my little brother thinks he is a bronze-silver color. But I know he's mostly orange.

I am 3 and 5 and 8 or 9. I am the colors of Barney. And add dark blue like the 5 o'clock morning sky.

The number 6 is forest green- just a whole lot of pine trees.

We're a lot of envious, jealous, covetous gang of Colors and Numbers. "It's first grade Sponge Bob." -Patrick Star

But, Humans-- don't get too close to them. Don't feed the animals... because they're always going to want more. I hate Human yells. And screams. And I hear too much. I hate the wrong kind of crazy. And I hate sluts and drugs. Oh, and I hate Styrofoam. I hate that too. But I am so happy. Babies are my way of hearing around the screams and the Styrofoam. I love baby laughs, cries, sneezes- gosh, I even love changing their diapers because I just love babies so much. They have ten worlds of potential and pure creativity shoved inside a 9 lbs. 6 oz. body nothing short of milliseconds after they enter this world. They are the newest things manufactured by God. It's no wonder they're such a big hit.

Babies are as God-like as a Human is going to get, until they become their mothers.

3 comments:

Nelson said...

Yes.

I can't figure you out. You seem very strange. Compliment, I promise.

I'm still trying to figure out the number-color thing. I love that high school is never land and the part about babies. They are a big hit. (until they become their mothers.)

Sariah May said...

I adore this. Especially the line about how babies are like God until they become their mothers. That was genius. I'm definitely coming back for more.

Sariah May said...

I adore this. Especially the line about how babies are like God until they become their mothers. That was genius. I'm definitely coming back for more.