Sunday, July 7, 2013

Snails.

Right now, you and I, we're kinda the world.


And you're not even here next to me.
I know right now you're sleeping in your bed, but I'm wondering if you can feel me too.
I wonder if you can still hear me laughing at the jokes you made hours ago or if you can still feel the pulling of my arm linked to yours. Making you follow me through every creek and trail, under every bridge and tree.

You chased me around the neighborhood, to New York and back again.

I know I'll miss teasing you.
You teasing me.

I know you have to leave me. So you can chase me, catch me, and keep me for good this time. That's what I'd like.

So we can have a sleepover every night and talk till we can't keep our eyes open any longer.
So I can finally run with you in the rain and forget the rest of the world ever existed. So we could huddle up in piles of blankets like you know I love to and fall asleep watching the lightning.

So we can wear matching ugly holiday outfits to every family Christmas party.

So Em and I could go shopping for a pretty white dress. Spending hours trying on all the dresses we see. Trying to find the perfect one.
So you and I could watch The Princess Diaries and drink hot chocolate, with our hair still wet from the pouring rain.
So we won't have to say good night ever again.

3 comments:

Emily Ruth Pew said...

Did I just cry? You bet I did.

Cosmo Kramer said...

There it is. Love it.

Lois Lane said...

This is real. I love it when you write like this. Cheers to you.